Who we are
Unique Balm Cosmetics S.L. responsible for the website, provides users with this document, with which it intends to comply with the obligations set out in:
- Law 34/2002, of 11 July, on Information Society Services and Electronic Commerce.
- Organic Law 3/2018 on the Protection of Personal Data and Guarantee of Digital Rights.
- Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (hereinafter GDPR).
Our website address is: https://www.uniquelyhonestcosmetics.com. Any person accessing this website assumes the role of user, committing to the observance and strict compliance with the provisions herein, as well as any other legal provision that may be applicable.
Unique Balm Cosmetics S.L., reserves the right to modify any type of information that may appear on the website, without any obligation to give prior notice or inform users of such obligations, being understood as sufficient with the publication on the Unique Balm, S.L. website.
- Company name: Unique Balm Cosmetics S.L.,
- Trade name: Uniquely Honest Cosmetics
- TAX ID: B42816330
- Address: Domingo Fernández, 28036, Madrid
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Privacy and data processing
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Personal Data means any information or data that can identify you directly (e.g. your first or last name) or indirectly (e.g. your national identity card or ID card). Personal Data includes information such as email / home address / mobile phone, user names, profile pictures, personal preferences and shopping habits, user-generated content, financial information and social welfare information, among others. It may also include unique numeric identifiers such as the IP address of your computer or the MAC address of your mobile device, as well as information we obtain through cookies.
This Policy covers all personal data collected and used by Unique Balm Cosmetics S.L.
We use this information to operate, maintain and provide you with the features and functionalities of the service, as well as to communicate directly with you, for example, to send you emails and push notifications, to keep track of the products you leave in your cart when you do not complete the checkout process, and to invite others to join the service. We may also send you emails or messages related to the Service (e.g., account verification, changes or updates to service or product features, technical and security notices). We do this to ensure the proper processing of your order, if you purchase any of our products.
Collection of personal data and purposes of processing
The user (you) hereby guarantees that the Personal Data provided is true and accurate and undertakes to notify any changes or modifications to it.
Any loss or damage caused to the Website, the Data Controllers or any third party through the communication of erroneous, inaccurate or incomplete information in the registration forms shall be the sole responsibility of the user.
What information do we collect from you?
We may collect or receive your data through our websites, forms, apps, devices, brand pages on social media, among others. In some cases, you provide us with your Personal Data directly (e.g. when you create an account, when you contact us, when you shop on our websites/app), in other cases we collect it (e.g. by using cookies to understand how you use our websites/apps).
The lawful basis for processing your Personal Data may be:
- Your consent;
- Our legitimate interest, which may be:
- Conducting statistics: to help us better understand your needs and expectations and therefore improve our services, websites/applications/devices, products and brands.
- Enabling the operation of our website/applications through technical and functional cookies: to keep our tools (websites/applications/devices) safe and secure and ensure they work properly and continuously improve.
- To provide you with our customer service
- The performance of a contract: to carry out the services you request from us;
- Fulfillment of legal obligations involving the processing of personal data;
- When we collect your Personal Data, we indicate the mandatory fields. Some of the data we request from you are necessary for:
- To perform our contract with you (for example, to deliver the products you have purchased on our websites/apps);
- To provide you with the service you requested (for example, to provide you with a newsletter);
- Comply with legal requirements (e.g. invoicing).
The information we may hold about you is:
- First name and surname
- Your e-mail address
- Your postal address
- Telephone number
- Date of birth or age range
- ID, username and password
- Details about your lifestyle or skin characteristics
- Social media profile
- Other: all the information you share with us through, for example, the formulation questionnaire.
- Purchase history
- Payment information (credit card number / Paypal information / bank account details) is not collected by us, but directly by the payment service providers.
If you have an account and log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine whether your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is deleted when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set several cookies to store your login information, your screen display options as well as any information provided during the process. Login cookies last for two days, and display options cookies last for one year. If you select “Remember me”, your login will last for two weeks. If you log out of your account, your login cookies will be deleted.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in exactly the same way as if the visitor had visited the other website.
Who can access your personal data?
Your personal data may also be processed on our behalf by our trusted third party providers.
We contract with trusted third parties to perform a variety of business operations on our behalf. We only provide them with the information they need to perform the service, and we require them not to use your personal data for any other purpose. We always work to ensure that all third parties we work with maintain the security of your personal data.
These may include:
- Third parties to deliver a product to you, e.g. postal / delivery services;
- Third parties who help us provide IT services, such as platform providers, hosting services, maintenance and support on our databases, as well as on our software and applications that may contain data about you;
- Advertising, marketing, digital media and social media agencies to help us deliver advertising, marketing and campaigns, to analyse their effectiveness and to manage your contact and enquiries;
- Third parties that help us provide digital services and analytics on your skin characteristics;
- Third parties that help us to produce statistical maps on customer profiles, skin characteristics and outcomes;
- Payment service providers and credit reference agencies in order to verify your details where this is a condition of entering into a contract with you.
The Personal Data that we collect from you may be transferred to, accessed from, and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our service providers.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We only keep your Personal Data for as long as we need it for the purpose for which we process your Personal Data, to meet your needs or to comply with our legal obligations.
To determine the data retention period of your Personal Data, we use the following criteria:
- Personal Data obtained when you purchase products and services: until you ask us to delete it;
- Personal Data collected when you contact us with an enquiry: Personal Data for as long as necessary to deal with your enquiry;
- Personal Data collected when you create an account: until you ask us to delete it or after a period of inactivity (no active interaction with the Brands) of three (3) years;
- Personal Data obtained when you consent to receive marketing communications: until you unsubscribe, request us to delete it or after a period of inactivity (no active interaction with the Brands) of three (3) years;
- Cookies that are placed on your computer: we store them for as long as necessary to achieve their purposes (for example, during a session for shopping cart cookies or session ID cookies) and for a maximum of 365 days.
We may retain some personal data to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations and to administer our rights (for example, to enforce our claims in court) or for statistical or historical purposes.
When we no longer need to use your personal data, it will be deleted from our systems and records or anonymised so that we can no longer identify you.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so that we can recognise and approve successive comments automatically rather than keeping them in a moderation queue.
Is my personal data stored securely?
We are committed to protecting your Personal Data and to taking all reasonable precautions to do so. We contractually require trusted third parties who handle your Personal Data to do the same.
We always do our best to protect your Personal Data and once we have received your Personal Data, we use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. As the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site. Therefore, any transmission is at your own risk.
Linking to third party and social login
Our websites and applications may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we are not responsible for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We may also offer you the opportunity to use your social media login to register. If you do so, please note that you share your social profile information with us. The personal data shared depends on the settings of your social media platform.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account or have left comments on this website, you may request to receive an export file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You may also request that we delete any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data that we are required to retain for administrative, legal or security purposes.
In addition, you have the following rights:
Right to information: You have the right to obtain clear, transparent and easy to understand information about how we use your personal data and your rights. We provide you with this information in this Policy.
Right of access: You have the right to access the personal data we hold about you (subject to certain limits). We may charge a reasonable fee to cover the administrative costs incurred in providing the information. Manifestly unfounded, excessive or repetitive requests may not be granted. To exercise this right, please contact us by any of the means indicated below.
Right of rectification: You have the right to have your personal data rectified where it is inaccurate or no longer valid or to have it completed where it is incomplete. To exercise this right, please contact us by any of the means indicated below. If you have an account, it may be easier for you to correct them yourself by modifying your profile.
Right to erasure/right to be forgotten: In certain cases, you have the right to have your personal data erased or deleted. It should be noted that this is not an absolute right, as we may have legal or legitimate grounds for retaining it. If you would like us to delete your personal data, please contact us by any of the means set out below.
Right to opt-out of direct marketing, including profiling: You can unsubscribe from our direct marketing communications at any time. The easiest way to unsubscribe is to click on the “unsubscribe” link in any email or communication we send you. Otherwise, please contact us by any of the methods below. To object to profiling, please contact us by the means indicated below.
Right to withdraw consent at any time where data processing is based on consent: You may withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data where the processing is based on your consent. Withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on consent prior to its withdrawal. If you wish to withdraw your consent, please contact us by any of the means set out below.
Right to object to processing based on the fulfilment of legitimate interests: You may object at any time to our processing of your data where the processing is based on the fulfilment of legitimate interests. If you wish to exercise this right, please contact us by any of the means set out below.
Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority: You have the right to complain to the Spanish Data Protection Agency about the privacy and data protection practices of Unique Balm Cosmetics S.L. Please do not hesitate to contact us by any of the means indicated below before lodging a complaint with the competent data protection authority.
Right to limit processing: You have the right to request the limitation of the processing of your data. If you exercise this right, the processing of your data will be subject to limitations, so we may store it, but we may no longer use or process it. This right can only be exercised in certain circumstances as defined by the General Data Protection Regulation. If you wish to exercise this right, please contact us by any of the means set out below.
Right to deactivate Cookies: You have the right to disable Cookies. Internet browsers are usually set by default to accept Cookies, but they can be easily disabled by changing your browser settings. If you wish to limit or block all cookies set by our websites/applications (which may prevent you from using certain parts of the website) or by any other websites/applications, you can do so through your browser settings.
If you have any questions or concerns about how we process and use your personal data or wish to exercise any of the rights described above, please contact email@example.com or write to us at the following address Domingo Fernández, 28036, Madrid, Spain.